Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Wire Plant Stand Makeover

My mini painting project is complete! I've been waiting for a nice afternoon to do another outside spray painting project, and Sunday proved to be the perfect day. I present to you, my new and improved wire plant stand!


Here's how it went down. After Trent got home from work, we finally got around to painting this old wire plant stand that had been sitting around at our house being all but useful:
The plant stand - BEFORE
I have no idea where this thing came from (I think it was Trent's parents'), but it was old, rusty, chipped, and in need of some love. I could just see the potential in this little guy and wanted to add it to my summer porch decor. Enter Mr. Valspar in this pretty turquoise color:


I stood at a safe distance while Trent sprayed the stand with the all-in-one primer and paint. It took about two coats total, with one additional coat on the underside. In the end, there was even more paint left in the spray can - so it only took one can to complete. (Thank God 'cause I only had one anyway!)

Here it is after just one coat (It took two coats total to make sure it got full coverage and was extra shiny):

Once it was all dry, I added it to my porch! And couldn't be happier.

It was a super easy afternoon project. Now I have something else pretty to look at on the porch. Along with all of these beautiful blooming flowers:



Thank you, days of nonstop rain! Just makes for less things I have to water. :)

Psst - I'm linked up to House of HepworthsThe Pin JunkieTatertots and JelloNatasha in OzSuburbs Mama, and I Heart Naptime this week!

8 comments:

  1. How funny, I just made one over too! Almost the same color. I found your link at the Pin Junkie. Here is the link to mine. http://calliescrafts.blogspot.com/2013/05/spray-painted-plant-stand.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) it's been raining here too! I want to spray paint a couple of things but the weather hasn't allowed it! ;-) your plant stand looks so much better after you gave it those 2 coats of paint! love the light blue color against the red! & your flowers are looking great! :-)
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new color of your plant stand. Thanks for sharing!

    I found you on Say G'day Saturday Party. Hope you're having a great weekend!

    Ritchil
    http://chengand3kids.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. I love the colours of the stand, pot, and plant together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for the kind words! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color of the plant stand, you have lovely flowers. Thank you so much for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing this at the Say G'day Saturday link up! I have pinned this, shared it on twitter and facebook and featured it at this week's party.

    Hope you can join in again this weekend!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! You are too kind! My first feature! :) Thank you so much!

      Delete

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...